"GreenWorks™, an Agfa Graphics initiative, accredits customers in the graphic communications industry in North America, who achieve greener outcomes through technology, products, services and practices."
Agfa Graphics does not consider sustainability as a mere tool to green up its image. Instead, it is part of our strategy to systematically improve the cost and environmental performance of our products and operations. We have a long track record when it comes to sustainable development. Environmental sustainability is embedded as a set of technical requirements in our R&D projects for new systems, which are equally valued as quality, performance and cost specifications. Compliance on product regulatory requirements is considered as a sine qua non to bring products to the markets.
Agfa Graphics is committed to reducing the industry’s environmental impact, systematically improving the cost, quality and environmental performance of our products and operations. Our solutions are designed to maximize renewable resources, eliminate toxic chemicals, reduce waste, lower ink and water consumption and save energy.
Recognizing customers for environmentally-safer practices
As part of our corporate strategy, we are working to support
customers who, through their actions, have demonstrated environmental
responsibility. GreenWorks™, an Agfa Graphics initiative, accredits
customers in the graphic communications industry in North America, who
achieve greener outcomes through technology, products, services and
Many Benefits of GreenWorks Accreditation
All GreenWorks accredited customers are featured on GD USA
and Agfa Graphics websites and promoted to buyers/designers interested
in environmental responsibility. An embedded link takes these buyers and
designers to your site.
GreenWorks accredited customers are recognized with a plaque and become a prestigious member of the GreenWorks community. Every GreenWorks customer receives a marketing toolkit to help them promote their environmental stewardship. It includes the GreenWorks logo, GreenWorks Accreditation logo and suggested ways to promote their business. In addition, accredited GreenWorks companies receive templates for e-communications, advertising, direct mail, press releases, and professional assistance to help market their environmentally-safer practices.
GreenWorks accredited companies may also be featured in Agfa Graphics public relations, testimonial campaigns, and on the Agfa Graphics website, providing further exposure if desired.
Developing Environmental Solutions
Agfa Graphics critically examines environmental and safety issues through each stage of a product's life cycle to provide best manufacturing practices and solutions that meet our customers' business needs as well as reduce waste and resource consumption. Some of these include:
- Plate systems that reduce waste, chemistry and energy use
- Chemistry with reduced Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) or gases emitted from some solids or liquids that contribute to ground level air pollution
- Workflows that reduce waste (paper, ink, etc.) throughout the production chain
- Inkjet solutions that minimize the amount of ink, paper and energy
How to Qualify
Become A GreenWorks-Accredited Company
To be accredited, customers must meet all of the following criteria demonstrating their environmental commitment, including:
- Using Agfa Graphics environmentally-safer chemistry-free, low-chemistry or no bake digital offset plates, such as chemistry-free Azura TS, N94VCF or low-chemistry Amigo TS plates or no-bake Energy Elite or Energy Elite Pro plates, all of which have significant environmental benefits compared to conventional digital or analog plates.
- Actively recycling, participating in community waste reduction or conservation programs or using alternative energy sources in their plants.
- Spreading the word; companies must promote and communicate the benefits of practicing environmental safety.
- Using products which maximize renewable resources, minimize
environmental impact from toxic chemicals, or reduce waste, lower ink,
water or energy consumption.
To apply for GreenWorks Accreditation
To be accredited, customers must meet all criteria demonstrating
their environmental commitment. To be considered for GreenWorks
accreditation, please complete this online form or download and complete this pdf form and email it to the GreenWorks program manager, Lois Catala: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no limit to the number of company locations that can receive GreenWorks accreditation.
To find a GreenWorks accredited printers near you visit www.gdusa.com/agfa.
Our Vision & Mission
Despite the technology changes that we are confronted with, the Power of Print remains unequalled. Print is here to stay and will have even more applications in the future.
Questions? Fill out our contact form below and we will contact you asap.