The revolutionary :M-Press TIGER high-speed flatbed inkjet press has been co-developed by Thieme and Agfa in response to customer demand for economical, high run-length digital printing.
The :M-Press TIGER high speed flatbed press offers perfection in productivity and quality.
Agfa Graphics' competence in digital imaging and inkjet technology coupled with Thieme's design and manufacturing expertise in screen printing equipment has resulted in a world class high-speed inkjet press. Its modular design facilitates conjoining the best of digital printing with the best of screen printing.
:M-Press TIGER prints on a wide variety of rigid and flexible substrates
with the flexibility of digital printing.
Uniquely the :M-Press TIGER can also be combined with an inline screen printing unit, giving you the flexibility to screen print varnish, spot colours, gold, silver and opaque white without any loss in
productivity and giving you stunning results. It will easily fulfill all your indoor and outdoor printing needs at the same average speed as your multi colour screen printing line today.
Digital printing with the :M-Press TIGER is more cost-effective than multicolor screen printing for short, medium and now even long runs.
With virtually no set-up time, the :M-Press Tiger has the same effective output, for the majority of run lengths, common in the screen printing industry, as a multicolor screen printing line. So similar turnaround time per job, but at a lower cost and higher quality. :M-Press Tiger doesn't need screens for CMYK, uses about 25% of the ink lay down for a full colour gamut.
The :M-Press TIGER allows for easy access to the front for the delivery of large format pallets.
The fully automatic feeder is a standard screen printing feeder used on the current multicolour Thieme lines. It therefore handles with the same ease all substrates currently used in screen printing.
The inlet feeder automatically positions each sheet for the automatic media transport using the patented Thieme gripper system. This gives the :M-Press TIGER the most accurate sheet-to-sheet registration on the market (0,2 mm) allowing you to use automated finishing and in register overprinting with spot, special colours or special inks, saving time and money in your finishing department.
- The new shuttle from the :M-Press TIGER delivers superior image quality and detail rendering. Fine text down to 4 point, smooth colour transitions and perfect flat tints.
- The cross position of the print heads eliminates all forms of banding
- The new 64 dual-colour print heads jet the smallest droplets further reducing graininess and producing images with a near offset quality.
- Gloss, semi-gloss or matt printing are all easily selectable by the user without the need to change ink and without any loss of system productivity.
- :M-Press TIGER lays down very thin layers of ink giving very low ink consumption and an excellent cost of ownership, allowing you to compete for more jobs.
- Thin ink layers also allow for smooth overprinting with special colours and varnish.
- The Agfa-made :Anuvia ink has the widest colour gamut in its class. (see :M-Press Color Gamut Comparison)
- With an over 300% speed increase :M-Press is the fastest engine in the world in its class.
- The optional universal vacuum table gives an almost endless combination of 48 vacuum zones, reducing taping to the absolute minimum.
In-line screen printing
:M-Press TIGER is the only hybrid printing press with optional inline pre and/or post digital screen printing stations. It can deliver primers, varnish, spot colour, gold, silver and white printing as well as thermal or scratch-'n-sniff inks with no loss in productivity.
The industrial UV dryer makes prints ready-for-use immediately after leaving the press.
The ready-for-use prints are accurately conveyed to the exit section of the press. Your quality prints deserve a quality delivery!
The industrial stacker piles the sheets on a pallet, ready for forklift or manual unloading.
:M-Press TIGER print work is on its way to a happy customer.
Every terrain is possible
:M-Press TIGER delivers top quality prints for all indoor and outdoor applications, and handles a wide variety of substrates with ease.
Backlit material, paper, self adhesive vinyl, fluted display board, metal plates, corrugated board, PVC and much more - just hold a substrate in front of the :M-Press TIGER to make it purr.
:Apogee Vibe is a workfl ow software which adds variable data elements to an existing PDF file and is specifically tailored to Packaging and POP markets. The variable data elements are produced only at the very last moment of the printing process, which drastically reduces pre-press time when generating the variable data and keeps RIP time and data to the absolute minimum. Add value to your output with no loss of productivity.
Grayscale technology for superior print quality
64 grayscale drop-on-demand variable drop piezo print heads. Drop size varies between 10pl and 26 pl. The small drops deliver pin sharp text and line art. The larger drops give excellent image saturation. Delivers much smoother prints. Gets you stronger reduction of brush effect without losing colour.
Automated Vacuum Zones
The :M-Press TIGER can be optionally equipped with a Universal Print Table enabling 48 different vacuum zones. This allows the operator to run media of different sizes, applying a strict minimum of taping. To ease the taping, the vacuum fields borders are clearly engraved in the table surface.
- 64 Piezo Drop-On-Demand Agfa UPH grayscale print heads. Page Wide
- 4 colour CMYK-process inkjet
- Optional inline screen-printing unit for spot-colours, varnish (clear-coat), etc.
- :M-Press :Anuvia ink by Agfa, pigmented, UV-curable, minimum 2-year outdoor durability on specified substrates. (central European climate conditions)
Productivity (print speed)
- Fine Art:
up to 50-60 sh/hr = 229 m²/hr (2,463 ft²/hr)
up to 80-90 sh/hr = 349 m²/hr (3,761 ft²/hr)
- High quality:
up to 100-115 sh/hr = 441 m²/hr (4,746 ft²/hr)
up to 160-170 sh/hr = 686 m²/hr (7,388 ft²/hr)
- Fine Art:
1,260 x 720 dpi
720 x 540 dpi
- High quality:
509 x 509 dpi
360 x 360 dpi
- Up to 1600 mm x 2600 mm or 62" x 102"
- Material Suitable for rigid and flexible substrates from 0.2mm (0.007") up to 10.0mm (0.39") thickness
- from 700 mm x 1000 mm (28" x 40")
up to 1660 mm x 2660 mm (65" x 104")
- Weight from 120 g/m² up to 3 kg/m²
- Automatic size and thickness verification
Vacuum Print Table
- The standard printing table is equipped with 3 different vacuum zones or optional universal print table with 48 vacuum zones. These zones can be configured as presets referring to the most used formats per engine.
- Windows XP based, integrated control software
- TFT flat panel touch screen operator interface
- Min. 100 mbps Ethernet,
- 1000 mbps Ethernet recommended
- Connects to external (Agfa :Apogee) RIP server
- Internet connection; Permanent https to remote server required for remote diagnostics
Machine Registration accuracy
- ±0,2 mm (+/-0.008") front-edge to print
- ±0,1 mm (+/-0.004") digital to screen machine accuracy
Screen printing integration (optional)
- Full synchronisation of digital and screen printing modules for hybrid printing jobs
- Off-line screen printing mode (digital printing disabled)
- Off-line digital printing mode (screen printing disabled)
- PVC, Banner Vinyl, PP sheets, Wet strength paper, SA Vinyl, Polystyrene sheet, Corrugated board, Forex Foam board, Dibond, PP Fluted, ...
- Length x Width x Height:
L 18,4 m x W 8,5 m x H 4,1 m OR L 56ft x W 28ft x H 13.5ft
(complete line including feeder)
Additional space required for cooling units and optional screen printing unit(s)